Thursday, April 21, 2011

I want to send a cell phone to my friend in the Philippines. I live in the United States


I want to send a cell phone to my friend in the Philippines. I live in the United States.?
What kind of cell phone can I send her that will work in that country?
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You're better off sending the money and let that person find the phone that will work there. First off, you'd need to buy a GSM phone that works in the 900/1800 MHz bands, and a lot of phones in the US operate on 800/1900 MHZ. Don't bother w/ CDMA (VZW, Sprint): that dog won't hunt, just roam forever. Second, you'd need to make sure it's unlocked so that your friend can put a Globe/Smart/Sun SIM in there w/o getting locked out. The phones are not bad over there and are probably less expensive than you shipping a phone out there plus duties, unless you or a friend/relative is going over there anytime soon.






Read more discussions :