Wednesday, June 1, 2011

how many minutes should I warm up my car? I live in the Philippines, a tropical country


how many minutes should I warm up my car? I live in the Philippines, a tropical country?
Or warming up my car is optional?
Other - Cars & Transportation - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
none, just keep the rpms below 3k for the first few minutes after startin a car that has been sittin
2 :
Usually 30 seconds to a minute are plenty. New cars run fine as soon as they are started, the only thing you are really worried about is making sure the oil is pumped up into the valves before you start working the car harder. Your pressure is up in the first few seconds and your engine lubed with in 30. In very cold climates it might be better to wait a couple minutes for the oil to warm up and flow through the engine.
3 :
You only need to warm your car up in colder weather because the oil thickens and takes a little longer to flow as easy. If you would like though i would give it a minute to get the oil flowing. (optional)
4 :
30 seconds and then let the car warm up while driving it.
5 :
in warm climates such as yours it is unnecessary. Just dont drive the car hard until it has reached its stable temperature (where your temp gauge is stable. only takes a couple minutes of driving).





Read more discussions :