Saturday, February 21, 2009

YAPPERS: Would you rather live in the Philippines or abroad


YAPPERS: Would you rather live in the Philippines or abroad?
If you were given the choice where would you rather live the Philippines or any country abroad? For granted some poor people in the Philippines would rather take the opportunity that living abroad might give them. So lets put things in perspective. Suppose you could live the exact same lifestyle with either choice (Philippines or abroad). Suppose you could live in the Philippines owning a house, car, good paying job. And suppose you could live in any country abroad owning a house, car, good paying job, with all of your family members with you. Which situation would you prefer?
Philippines - 13 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Honestly, I would rather live abroad. There are more opportunities for me to further my interests abroad as opposed to in the Philippines. I love the Pilipinas, but to be practical, it's better if I stayed in Canada.
2 :
yea, broad spectrum of answers to come up as usual
3 :
Still Philippines -- That's why I am still here.. This country (call it whatever you like) taught me how to live in a very difficult situation.. No support from the government -- that's why, I can truly say - I achieved what I achieved..
4 :
"abroad" is too general. even with all those conditions met (house, car, good paying, job, all family members), i wouldn't want to live in the US or Canada because i'd get so fat while missing out on things that can't be found elsewhere. i'm also used to the humidity here. it's only Hawaii that almost feels as humid. i'd rather live in a city that suits my lifestyle better and has the same weather. either Singapore, HK, maybe KL. i wouldn't have to deal with driving at the wrong side of the road because commuting is more efficient. of course, it's unrealistic to have all of that in any other city in the world. there's no place like home.
5 :
..." Suppose you could live the exact same lifestyle with either choice (Philippines or abroad). Suppose you could live in the Philippines owning a house, car, good paying job. And suppose you could live in any country abroad owning a house, car, good paying job, with all of your family members with you. Which situation would you prefer? .." With the above situation, I am more confused of what nationality I would choose?
6 :
Abroad what kind of dumb question is this. You actually think someone is gunna say Philippines unless they are rich and even then they want to go abroad
7 :
I've never lived in another country, but I can imagine it is difficult to adjust to a new life in a strange place far away from home, unless there's a good reason to do so.
8 :
Not in the Philippines. I would much rather live in the Republic of Marikina.
9 :
Well, as the saying goes, be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Welcome back, arefh4!
10 :
I MOVED MY FAMILY HERE IN NEW YORK BECAUSE I WANT TO GIVE MY KIDS A BETTER FUTURES.THERE IS SO MUCH DISHONESTY IN THE PHILIPPINES THAT I DISLIKE.
11 :
When I retire I want to spend 60 days in the RP and 60 days in the US. The reason I get to the point I want good beef the Australian beef you get sucks. I also want fresh dairy products and I want my drinks served cold. Something most Philippine restaurants don't know about. They think 3 cubes will keep a drink cold. How do you people drink warm soda? It takes 3 lbs of ice to keep 1 lb of an item cold in an ice chest in the RP.
12 :
please do not taake this as an insult. Read the whole thing before you judge what I say: YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL NUTS!!!! I am an American. Yes, yes, a filthy rich American, who has money just growing on a tree in the yard outside my house. I work like a dog, 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, just to exist in America. I save every penny I can, just to escape this place, and hide for a couple weeks in Cebu or Manila. I do that because The Philippines is the most beautiful place on earth. I work so hard, for the privilege of spending 4 or 5 weeks a year in your country, and all you people can think of is leaving? That is crazy. You people live in a beautiful place. Just open your eyes and see it! Maybe it's a little tough in the cities, but a couple hour bus ride will get you out in the country. I pay $1,200 American, and take a 16 hour plane flight just to be where you already are. Why do you think I do that? It's because I like to escape the burden of being in The U.S. When you think the grass is greener on the other side of the ocean, you might be very disappointed when you see it for yourself.
13 :
I am a practical person and make it a point to make rational decisions. At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter to me whether I live by the beach or a grimy city, what clothes I wear, the "coolness" level of the people I hang out with, etcetera etcetera. But it is of utmost importance to me that I be adequately able to feed, clothe, continue to educate, shelter and keep myself and my loved ones healthy. As such, my choice, present realities considered, would be "Not the Philippines". Clearly.







Read more discussions :