Sunday, April 1, 2012

How do I petition for my brother and sister who live in the Philippines, but we have different last names


How do I petition for my brother and sister who live in the Philippines, but we have different last names.?
I was adopted by my aunt and uncle when I was 9 yrs. old therefore I now have their last name. My biological parents, my brother and sister are still in the Philippines. How can I petition for them to come to the U.S. if we have different last names?
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can't. do it. The adoption process severed the family connection permanently as far as US immigration law is concerned. Sorry.
2 :
Legally they are no longer your parents and siblings so you cannot petition for them.
3 :
they are not your family anymore eversince you are adopted..so you cant petition them, thats a fact.





Read more discussions :